You must log on as an administrator to install the Language Interface Pack (LIP) and you must ensure that all other users are logged off during the installation process.
If you have BitLocker encryption enabled, please suspend it before installing the LIP
1. On the Start page, type control panel, and make sure that the search scope is set to Apps
2. In the Results panel, click or tap Control Panel
3. In Control Panel, click or tap System and Security ,
4. Then, click or tap BitLocker Drive Encryption and then click or tap Suspend Protection.
There are separate versions of Windows 8.1 Preview for 32-bit and 64-bit. To determine which version of Windows 8.1 Preview you have installed:
1. On the Start page, type computer, and make sure that the search scope is set to Apps
2. Right-click or swipe up Computer, and click or tap Properties. This will bring up the basic information about your computer.
3. Look in the System section for the System type. This will indicate if your Windows 8.1 Preview Operating System is a 32-bit Operating System or a 64-bit Operating System.
The setup program will guide you through the installation process. After the LIP language is installed, you can change the user interface language by using Language page in the Control Panel.
1. On the Start page, type language, and make sure that the search scope is set to Settings
2. In the Results panel, click or tap Language
3. In the Change your language preferences pane, click or tap Add a language
Browse or search for the language that you want to install.
For example, select Catalan, and then click or tap Add. Catalan is now added as one of your languages
5. To make this language your display language, move it to the top of your language list
6. Log off and then log back on to Windows for the change to take effect
This document is provided "as-is". Information and
views expressed in this document, including URL and other Internet website
references, may change without notice.
Some examples depicted herein are provided for illustration only and are fictitious. No real association or connection is intended or should be inferred.
This document does not provide you with any legal rights to any intellectual property in any Microsoft product. You may copy and use this document for your internal, reference purposes. This document is confidential and proprietary to Microsoft. It is disclosed and can be used only pursuant to a nondisclosure agreement.
© 2013 Microsoft. All rights reserved.
Microsoft and Windows are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.