We recommend you read the Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Release Notes and
Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 Readme before installing this product.
To install and use Microsoft® SQL Server® 2008 R2 - PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel 2010, complete the following steps in this order:
1. If you are running an operating system other than Microsoft® Windows® 7or Microsoft® Windows® Server 2008 R2 install .NET Framework 3.5 SP1.
2. If you are running Windows® Vista or Windows® Server 2008, install the. Platform Update.
3. Install Microsoft® Office 2010.
Important : If you choose a custom installation of the Microsoft Office 2010,
you must install both Excel 2010 and Office Shared Features in order to use PowerPivot for Excel.
4. Install PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel
Important : If you install the 32-bit version of Excel, you must use the 32-bit version of PowerPivot.
If you install the 64-bit version of Excel, you must use the 64-bit version of PowerPivot.
After PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel is installed, you can access documentation from the PowerPivot
window by clicking the Help button or by pressing F1. We recommend that you use the most recent version of the documentation,
which is available from PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel Online Help.
You can access additional articles, blogs, and other community content on the PowerPivot TechNet page..
1. When you start Microsoft® Office 2010 Excel for the first time, you will be prompted for permission for Excel to load SQL Server® 2008 R2 - PowerPivot for Microsoft® Excel 2010.